MSEPS officers, Board members, and committee members serve on a strictly voluntary basis. If you are interested in playing a more active role in MSEPS, at the Committee, Board or leadership level, or for a list of current officers and Committee Chairs, please contact our executive director.
The Massachusetts Ophthalmological Society Inc. was founded May 14, 1968, in Boston, Massachusetts under M.G.L. 180. The founders were: Richey L. Waugh, M.D., President; B. Thomas Hutchinson, M.D., Treasurer; George Edward Garcia, M.D., Secretary/Clerk. The Massachusetts Ophthalmological Society Inc. later became the Massachusetts Society of Eye Physicians and Surgeons.
Structure of the Society
MSEPS has five executive officers, elected at the Annual Meeting, and is governed by an Executive Board consisting of ophthalmologists from across the Commonwealth. MSEPS has several Committees that report to the Executive Board, as well as ad hoc Task Forces.
List of Committees
- Committee on Legislation
- Committee on Safety and Public Health
- Committee on Professional Services
- Medicare Representative
- Committee on Constitution, By-Laws and Policy
- Nominating Committee
- MA Medical Society House of Delegates
- MA Medical Society Inter-specialty Committee
- American Academy of Ophthalmology Councilors
- Committee on Budget and Finance
- Committee on Public Service and Education
- Planning Committee
- Committee on Quality Care and Ethics
- Committee on Membership
- Website Committee
- Committee on Risk Management
- Academic Representatives